Wednesday 17 September 2014

Pioneers Deserves Better Respect And Recognition – Lord Of Ajasa




Veteran rapper Olusegun Osaniyi aka Lord of Ajasa, famous for his Yoruba raps opens up on his disappointments at the Industry as a whole. The rapper has come out to say he pioneered indigenous rap music and today it has become lucrative and fashionable yet no respect and honour is given to him.

Lord of Ajasa complained that after making real impact and evergreen music there is no endorsement to show for it yet this new generation artist continues to get endorsements.



Ajasa feels the pioneers should be treated with more respect and taken care of.  “I pioneered indigenous rap music and today it has become lucrative and fashionable yet, these young musicians shy away from that fact.



But I deserve an award; recognition and endorsement look at Eedris Abdulkareem and 9ice, for instance. I’m saying they should take care of the pioneers, but what impact have these new artistes really made in the society to deserve all the endorsements they are getting? I mean, they sing nonsense songs while we (pioneers) do evergreen and clean music. Yet they keep discouraging us. 2face is an exception I am okay with his brand of music, because his endorsements are well-deserved.



On my track Otalenu, some fans feel I was referring to the new generation artists, no I did not yab them on the track, they are all small boys who all began their music career in my room in Bariga. I was only trying to draw them closer to myself and to let other people know that I am their Baba. The jabs are just part of the hip hop culture and they spice up the lyrics.”


-hiphopworld

No comments:

Post a Comment