Thursday 11 July 2013

VIDEO - Man Locks His Head In a Metal Cage To Quit Smoking


A Turkish man has locked his head in a metal CAGE in a bid to give up cigarettes. 

Ibrahim Yucel, 42, decided to kick his 40-a-day habit after his dad died of cancer.
When his attempt to go cold turkey failed, he decided to build the bizarre medieval-style headgear from 130ft of copper wire.

Every morning he’s sealed inside the cage by his wife and 14-year-old daughter who each have a set of keys.


Once locked up, Ibrahim can only eat crackers and sip water through a straw.

In a bizarre instructional video posted online, Ibrahim explains why he went to such drastic measures to beat the addiction.

He said: “I have been smoking since high school. I have tried to quit every year, but I could not.
“My dad died from cancer, so I decided to make a cage. I was inspired by motorcycle helmets.”
It may not be a conventional method to quit cigarettes – but Ibrahim insists his experiment has worked.

After just two days inside the cage, he claims he’s now a non-smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment