Friday 31 October 2014

Keshi Re-Appointed As Super Eagles Coach



 

Reinstated Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has commended President Goodluck Jonathan for ensuring that he returns to his job and expressed his willingness to lead Super Eagles through the two remaining Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers matches with Congo and South Africa respectively. 

Speaking to journalists yesterday in Abuja after a brief meeting with the Minister of sports and Chairman National Sports Commission (NSC), Tammy Danagogo, Keshi said though he has not been informed of his reinstatement.

 “Really, if it is true that President Jonathan had intervened and asked me to return as Eagles coach, I just thank him for that. I have not heard it, you guys are just telling me. I only came here to say hello to the minister of sports, Danagogo that’s all,” he said,

“Returning to Eagles’ job is going to be very hard, but I have my mind to think about it first, but if the president has ask me to return, for the peace to return in the country football which is important to the players too and for the love I have for the country I have served for fourteen years as a player while not despite the treatment meted on me,” he concluded.




In a related story, The head of the federation’s technical committee, Felix Anyansi-Agwu of the NFF while confirming Keshi re-appointed said his body had “decided to accept” a proposal re-instating Keshi as Super Eagles coach for Nigeria’s next Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Congo and South Africa in November. 

Nigerians have reacted to this story, with many of the opinion Keshi should not accept the appoint. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment