Friday 31 January 2014

Nigerian Facing Trial In UK For Having Sex Without Condom

 

A Nigerian man accused of raping a woman during a one-night stand has said he “believed 100 per cent” what he did was consensual.

Imomotimi Wilson is on trial accused of raping a 40-year-old woman after they met on the dancefloor of The Regal in Cambridge.
They had consensual sex twice but the woman says Wilson then forced himself on her without a condom the third time.
The 30-year-old student described them lying in his bed after having consensual sex twice with a condom.

He said: “She said I feel like having sex again and I said yes, I feel like having sex with you as well again but there is no condom.
“She was romancing me, touching and kissing, and I said no, I do not want to do that because there is no condom. 

“She started kissing me again and then I penetrated her. I believed 100 per cent it was consensual.
“Then she said stop and that’s when I stopped. There were three seconds of penetration.”
The woman had accused Wilson of holding her hands above her head during the attack and she had to push him off.

He added: “She did not push me off. I took myself off when she said stop it.”
The court also heard that although Wilson had said he would “watch her sleep”, he meant it to take care of her and the meaning had been skewed because English was his second language.

Wilson added: “I meant I will secure you until morning and you get home safely.”
Earlier the court heard evidence from the woman who described her “fun evening” turning into a “nightmare”.

She said: “His demeanour changed and he started to become different.
“I made it crystal clear I was not prepared to do it with him without a condom.
“What I thought was going to be a fun evening turned into a nightmare when he kept taking the condom off and I thought I was not safe anymore.”
She said that Wilson’s moods were “swinging” and “unpredictable” while they were at his address.

The woman’s mother also gave evidence. The court heard that the victim had contacted her on the morning of June 9 to tell her what had happened.
She said: “She sounded extremely distressed and upset and crying. She had met someone at Wetherspoons and gone back to his house and had asked to use protection. This was not used. He had forced intercourse with her.”

However Joanne Eley, defending, alleged that the woman did not leave Wilson’s house straight away and slept until morning because sex the third time “was not forced”.
She said the victim did not contact the police immediately because “you were not sure what happened the previous night” and things were “hazy”.

The trial continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment