Monday 25 November 2013

Dr. Christopher Kolade Resigns As SURE-P Chairman

 

Chairman of the Subsidy Re- investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), Dr. Christopher Kolade, has resigned.
 
The former Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, in a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan, said he was leaving at the end of this month before his 81st birthday, which comes up in December.

Recall that Kolade’s Deputy, Major- General Mammam Kontagora (rtd), who would have replaced him, died in May this year.
The development means that the presidency must come up with replacement to fill the two positions in a matter of days.

The letter which conveyed the outgoing chairman’s message dated September 25 and entitled ‘Withdrawal from Chairmanship of the SURE-P Committee’ reads: “I wish to inform you, respectfully, of my decision to resign from the position of Chairman of the SURE-P Committee.
“My desire is that the resignation should take effect as soon as Mr. President names a new chairman, but not later than the end of November, 2013.

“Mr. President, it has been a worthwhile experience for me to serve as chairman since the inauguration of the committee in February 2012. However, as I approach my 81st birthday, I wish to retire from the more time and energy consuming parts of my responsibilities and activities, one of which is the SURE-P Committee chairmanship.

“Mr. President, please accept my sincere thanks and appreciation for the opportunity to serve in the position of chairman, as well as my prayers for good progress and success for Nigeria in the years ahead.”

Kolade had stated that although he is still mentally and physically fit, time has come for him to attend to his private life and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment