Thursday 12 December 2013

Oprah Winfrey Reveals Why She Never Had Children

 

American female billionaire, Oprah Winfrey revealed in the latest issue of the Hollywood Reporter why she doesn't have kids and it has nothing to do with being unable to conceive as some claimed but her ambition to be a powerful woman.
"If I had kids, my kids would hate me. "They would have ended up on the equivalent of the Oprah show talking about me; because something in my life would have had to suffer and it would've probably been them.
Oprah, who grew up in poverty in rural Mississipi, says her attitude about children is in stark contrast to her best friend Gayle King who is a mother of two. 

'Gayle [now a mother of two] was the kind of kid who, in seventh grade Home Ec class, was writing down her name and the names of her children,' she says. 'While she was having those kind of daydreams, I was having daydreams about how I could be Martin Luther King.'

Celebrating her Sherry Lansing Leadership Award with a new interview, the 59-year-old businesswoman and talk-show host candidly discusses the struggles launching her TV network OWN, her financial success, and reports she suffered a nervous breakdown last year. 

Fame and success has its price, and Oprah reveals that being worth billions can cause strain among her family and friends.
'When you're the most successful person in your family, in your neighbourhood and in your town, everybody thinks you're the First National Bank,' she says, 'And you have to figure out for yourself where those boundaries are.
She adds: 'I got to the point where nobody ever asked me for anything less than $5,000. I felt pressured for a long time to say yes, because I thought, "I can't lie and say I don't have it.
'My salary is printed in the paper,"' I've bought more houses and cars than I can even tell you."

No comments:

Post a Comment