Friday 13 December 2013

Beyonce Features Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, Blue Ivy In New Album


Beyonce has given fans an early Christmas treat by releasing her new album today with zero notice. The album called Beyonce  was released on iTunes and features Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Her speech about feminism and the roles women play in the society  were used in the track.
The self-titled album has 14 new tracks including guest mumbles from daughter Blue Ivy on Blue as well as contributions from Jay Z, Kelly Rowland, Frank Ocean, Drake, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, Michelle Williams, Justin Timberlake, and Nigerian writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche.

"I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it," Beyonce said in a press release for the record. "I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready and from me to my fans."

The new album also has a video for each track, including footage filmed in Sydney.

"I see music," Beyonce said about her decision to create a visual album. "It's more than just what I hear. When I'm connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they're all connected to the music."

No comments:

Post a Comment