Thursday 18 April 2013

Man arrested by FBI for deadly ricin letter to President Obama and GOP senator

This Facebook picture is thought to be of Paul Kevin Curtis, who has been arrested in connection with the ricin-tainted letters sent to politicians 

A Mississippi man accused of mailing letters with suspected ricin to President Obama believed he had uncovered a conspiracy to sell human body parts on the black market and sometimes performed as an Elvis Presley impersonator using the stage name KC.

Paul Kevin Curtis, 45, was arrested on Wednesday at 5:15pm at his apartment in Corinth, Mississippi near the Tennessee state line about 100 miles east of Memphis, FBI officials announced yesterday.

He is accused of sending ricin-laced letters this week to the President and to Senator Roger Wicker, a Republican from Mississippi, that arrived just one day after the deadly bombings in Boston.

kk
Curtis posted hordes of pictures on his Myspace page showing him from the 1980s and 90s

Curtis had previously sent letters to Sen. Wicker and officials from his office alerted authorities about the frequency of his correspondence when the suspicious letter was found.

The suspect was originally identified by federal sources as Kenneth Curtis of Tupelo, Miss, according to local media reports. It is not known if Curtis has used Kenneth as an alias.

Curtis is 'believed to be responsible for the mailings of the three letters which contained a granular substance that preliminarily tested positive for ricin,' the FBI said in a statement.
Investigators with the Secret Service and the FBI are using the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, in Tupelo, as a staging area for their investigation, according to The Clarion-Ledger.

It is not clear where the suspect is being held.

Last night Ricky Curtis, who said he was Kevin Curtis' cousin, said the family was shocked by the news of the arrest. He described his cousin as a 'super entertainer' who impersonated Elvis and numerous other singers.

'We're all in shock. I don't think anybody had a clue that this kind of stuff was weighing on his mind,' Ricky Curtis said in a telephone interview.

Ricky Curtis said his cousin had written about problems he had with a cleaning business and that he felt the government had not treated him well, but he said nobody in the family would have expected this. He said the writings were titled Missing Pieces.

A Facebook account entitled Kevin Curtis Live (KC), which is believed to be that of the suspect, contains rants about a body parts conspiracy.

On Tuesday photographs of a pistol were uploaded onto the Kevin Curtis Live (KC) Facebook page, with the caption 'say hello to my little friend'
On Tuesday photographs of a pistol were uploaded onto the Kevin Curtis Live (KC) Facebook page, with the caption 'say hello to my little friend'

One, posted on Tuesday, said: 'I'm on the hidden front lines of a secret war. A war that is making Billions of dollars for corrupt mafia related organizations and people. (bone, tissue, organ, body parts harvesting black market) when we lay our loved ones to rest.

'My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. My cousins have hostility towards me (they work in healthcare) I have lost most of my friends. I have spent more than $130,000.00 on legal fees in 13.5 yrs.

'They burned down my home, killed my dogs, my cat, my rabbit, blew up my 1966 Plymouth Valent. They destroyed my marriage, they distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt a****!'

dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment